When you get a tattoo, you are making a commitment to yourself. You are choosing to adorn your body with art that will be with you for the rest of your life. But what happens if you decide later that you want to remove the tattoo?
This can be a difficult decision, but it is possible with the help of tattoo removal lasers. In this blog post, we will discuss the process of tattoo removal and what to expect in terms of the removal of tattoo scars. We’ll also provide some tips and methods to help you minimize the risk of scarring so that you can enjoy your new, blemish-free skin.
How the Procedure Works
First and foremost, it is important to understand the process of laser tattoo removal. This procedure involves a specialized laser that targets and breaks up the pigment of your tattoo. Depending on how deep the ink has penetrated your skin, multiple treatments may be required in order to achieve maximum results. Each treatment takes about 30 minutes and there is usually no significant pain or discomfort involved.
Laser tattoo removal is typically a safe procedure, however, there’s always the potential for developing removal of tattoo scars. Be aware that if your skin has irregularities, such as existing scars, these will more than likely remain after laser removal. Unfortunately, some tattoos can also cause scarring if the artist pushes the needle too deep into your skin during tattooing; you probably won’t see these types of scars until after your laser removal is complete.
The Likelihood of Scarring
Although it is possible to experience scarring from laser tattoo removal, it is relatively rare. The reason for this is that the laser’s energy beam passes through the top layers of skin without damaging blood vessels or nerves. As a result, most people don’t experience any significant trauma to their skin and can go on with life knowing that their tattoos are gone.
A study showed that 18.8%-25% of tattoos are removed to leave a scar. If you go to a certified professional, they’ll develop a treatment plan personalized for you to help remove your tattoo quickly while minimizing the risk of scarring.
Although the likelihood is improbable, it’s still necessary to be cognizant of the removal of tattoo scars as a potential side effect. Other possible consequences you should keep in mind before getting your laser tattoo removed are:
- Changes in skin pigmentation
- Allergic reactions to the lasers used
- Allergic reactions
Reducing the Chances of Removal of Tattoo Scars
While it’s not common for tattoo removal to cause scarring, many people still want to take every precaution possible to prevent any permanent damage. The best way to reduce your risk of scarring is by seeking out a certified professional who specializes in laser tattoo removal. There’s more expertise and precision involved than most people realize, so taking the DIY route or going through an uncertified program increases your chances of making mistakes that could lead to scars.
Some other tips you can try for the removal of tattoo scars are the following:
- Drinking a lot of water is critical for maintaining your health. It’s essential for good circulation, which raises white blood cell counts and helps the healing process. Be sure to drink lots of fluids after treatment to give your immune system a much-needed boost.
- If you smoke, it’s adversely impacting your body’s ability to heal and makes you more susceptible to infection. To allow your body the best chance to heal, wait until treatment is completed before smoking again. This can also be viewed as an opportunity to completely stop smoking and improve your health overall.
- Wearing sunscreen is essential while your skin area is healing, as ultraviolet rays can impact the healing process and cause scarring or hyperpigmentation. Be sure to wear sunscreen over the healing area whenever you go outside until it has healed completely.
How Removal of Tattoo Scars Disappear
Removal of tattoo scars often fades with time and becomes much less visible. While some scarring may improve without any treatment, it can be frustrating not knowing which ones will go away on their own. Keloid scars are a type of tattoo removal scar that sometimes shows up after tattoo removal, making some tattoos difficult to remove completely.
However, there are ways to make keloids fade or become less severe including:
- Additional treatments: If you get keloid scars, these can be treated with laser removal to help improve their appearance.
- Microdermabrasion: This technique uses chemical scrubs that remove the top layer of skin, which could diminish the look of your scars.
- If you want to fade your scars, some people use scar-fading creams. Another option is aloe vera since it has properties that help heal wounds and burns. Moisturizer won’t remove scars but keeping the area hydrated will make the scar less visible.
Removal of Tattoo Scars Is Part of Your Unique Story!
No matter what the outcome, these scars will be a part of you. Despite it being a painful process to endure, the end result is a reminder to all that have gone through similar experiences. Removal of tattoo scars is just another one of those stories in life that can show strength and resilience for many years to come.
The process of healing from the tattoo removal process can be long, but it doesn’t have to be grueling. Keep your expectations realistic and stay patient throughout the experience. With proper attention, you will eventually become more satisfied with your skin’s appearance. Whether they remain or fade away over time, these scars are just a timeline marking the moments of your life.
If you’re looking for professional tattoo removal services in Dallas, Plano, Frisco, or Addison, reach out to our clinic – Derma-Aesthetic. We’re here to help you remove any unwanted tattoos safely and effectively. Our goal is to provide quality care that leaves your skin looking and feeling its best!
Contact us today for more information on how we can help you with your tattoo removal journey. We look forward to connecting with you soon!
More Like This:
Low-Cost Tattoo Removal: 10 Tips For Finding the Best Clinic
Tattoo Cover-Up Dallas|Plano|Frisco|Addison: 6 Surefire Tips
Price Of Tattoo Removal Dallas|Plano|Frisco|Addison: 5 Treatments Exposed
Tattoo Laser Removal Cost Dallas|Plano|Frisco|Addison: 5 Little-known Tips to Save on Your Treatment
PicoSure Laser Tattoo Removal Cost Dallas|Plano|Frisco|Addison: Your Quick 101
Tattoo Removal Cost Dallas|Plano|Frisco|Addison—Plus 5 Quick Tips for a Successful Session