Laser treatments have been around for many years, and they are continuing to evolve. Furthermore, it works by using concentrated light that penetrates the skin to target specific cells deep down in your skin. The powerful laser energy can be used on various body parts, such as wrinkles, scars, birthmarks, or tattoos. If you are interested in learning more about how lasers can improve your skin, then keep reading!
Benefits of Laser Treatments for Skin
Laser treatments for skin are becoming more popular, but many people don’t know its benefits. They can help to reduce acne and scars, improve wrinkles and fine lines on your face, or even remove unwanted hair from other parts of your body!
Moreover, laser treatments attract many people’s attention due to their incredible benefits.
- The skin renewal process is stimulated with lasers so that a more youthful glow and smoothing of wrinkles.
- Fine lines and scars are not just reduced but also diminished.
- The laser treatments stimulate collagen production to make the skin more elastic, giving it a younger appearance.
- Some patients see improved acne with laser treatments because it has helped clear out blackheads and breakouts.
- It can help to reduce the appearance of age spots or spider veins on your skin.
- Reduces and removes birthmarks- such as hemangiomas, port wine stains, deep brown marks from old acne scars, and other discolorations.
- This treatment has been able to remove tattoos in several sessions successfully.
- The skin’s natural healing process is stimulated with lasers because healthy and new cells increase.
- It can help tighten up loose areas of your body, such as sagging breasts and droopy earlobes.
What Should I Do to Take Care of My Skin after Laser Treatment?
After a laser resurfacing treatment, it is crucial to take care of your skin. Here are some helpful tips:
- Your skin will be sensitive, sunburned, and red just after your laser treatment. There will be swelling, stinging, and itching that will last for a few days. Make sure not to pick or scratch at crusty skin, as this can lead to scarring and infection.
- After five to seven days, your skin will become dry, and it’ll start peeling. Your new skin looks pink initially and eventually slowly lightens up for the next two or three months.
- Clean the treated area 2 to 5 times a day or as recommended by your doctor. Use a gentle cleanser and avoid using anything that will irritate the skin or leave residues on it. Apply a cold pack or ice every one to two hours for the initial 24-48 hours.
- Sleep on an extra pillow for a few days after the procedure to reduce swelling.
- Apply petroleum jelly (or any occlusive moisturizer) or topical antibiotic ointment to the wound twice a day until it heals. Prevent using harsh facial treatments like tretinoin or glycolic acid (4 weeks) and topical products that may irritate your skin (six weeks).
- Stop smoking (if you do) because it slows down the healing period.
- Avoid touching your face as this can irritate any wounds you may have just had repaired by the laser treatments.
Is Laser Treatment for Everyone?
Laser treatments are not for everyone, especially those with susceptible skin. The laser treatment might also be unsuitable if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
In 2017, the International Journal of Women’s Dermatology published a review on the safety of cosmetic procedures for pregnant women. While lasers are safely used for treating medical conditions like kidney stones and genital warts in pregnant women, there is not enough evidence to support the use of lasers for cosmetic procedures such as laser hair removal, according to the commentators.
Who Is a Good Candidate For Laser Treatments?
It’s vital to know if you are a good candidate for the treatment before booking your appointment. You are qualified to have the treatment if:
- Wrinkles or fine lines are around your mouth, eyes, or forehead.
- You have shallow scars due to acne.
- Your skin is non-responsive after a facelift.
Postpone your plan on having the procedure if you have acne. Always consult your doctor or dermatologist to know the suitable treatments for your skin.
Laser treatments are one of the most popular and effective treatments for skin, and their uses are to treat various skin conditions, including age spots, acne scars, wrinkles, and many others.
Lastly, we would like to remind anyone interested in laser surgery that these procedures should only take place under professional care by someone qualified and experienced in dermatology so ask yourself: are you ready for a change in your skin?
These are just some of the ways that laser treatments can improve your skin. If you are interested in learning more, then contact us today!
Call Derma-Aesthetics at (214) 755-0958 and make an appointment today!
Derma-Aesthetic & Laser Center
c/o Healthcare At The Grove
8840 Cypress Waters Blvd Suite 150 Coppell, TX 75019
More Like This:
7 Daily Skincare Routine Steps For Glowing Skin
Causes of Dry Skin and How To Prevent
Tattoo Removal Techniques
Laser Tattoo Removal Scars
Frequently Asked Questions