AFA facial peel treatments help exfoliate dead skin cells with less irritation and are specially designed for patients with dry and/or more sensitive skin. They come in varying strengths for added customization to meet varying skin type needs. Mild enough to be incorporated into any facial treatment.
70% Lactic Acid Peel
The 70% Lactic Acid peel is ideal for skin rejuvenation. If you have acne, pigmentary changes, moderate wrinkling, or sun damage, then you can achieve noticable results in the look and feel of your skin with absolutely no downtime by undergoing a series of 70% Lactic Acid peels.
This peel acts by loosening the cohesive glue-like adhesion of the cells in the outer five or six layers of the epidermis. As these outer layers begin to loosen and exfoliate with daily skin care, healthier, more youthful skin cells are produced. Lactic acid stimulates the growth of new collagen and elastin fibers in the dermal layer of the skin, so that, over a period of time, the skin surface begins to look younger and smoother. The restoration of elasticity actually causes the disappearance of the lines!
Lactic acid is present in all human cells, making it safer than other alpha hydroxy acids such as glycolic acid. After undergoing a 70% Lactic Acid peel, you experience a quick recovery with no downtime, making it the perfect "lunch time" peel!
* Lactic acid is a normal metabolite for mammals
* It has no toxicity
* With its longer reaction time, lactic acid is safer than glycolic acid
* There is a better control of the peel without burning
* Lactic acid enhances the absorption of other substances, like lanolin, which glycolic acid does not
* Lactic acid is a superb humectant -- it attracts water molecules already present in your skin to the surface, making it an effective moisturizer
* The 70% Lactic Acid Peel is safe to use during pregnancy or lactation. Due to the fact that lactic acid is a normal human metabolite, there is no toxicity and therefore no potential problem during pregnancy.
Expect to experience mild flaking and dryness during the week following the peel. Flaking should subside within 5-7 days. For optimal results, contact us about scheduling a series of 5-7 peels, spaced 7-10 days apart.
The Jessner's peel is excellent for all skin types. It smooths and rejuvenates skin, producing beautiful results in treating mild to severe acne, discoloration, moderate wrinkling, and sun damage. Peeling the face, neck, hands, and upper chest is also quite effective.
The Jessner's peel is very beneficial for patients with acne, oily, or thicker skin, because it tends to decrease oil production and open clogged sebaceous follicles. It also contributes to the healing process of acne.
The Jessner's peel combines resorcinol (14%), lactic acid (14%), and salicylic acid (14%) to result in deeper penetration and greater exfoliation of the outer layers of skin cells. Each of these ingredients acts in a slightly different manner for significantly visible exfoliation and minimal complications. This deeper exfoliation produces noticeable flaking and exfoliation in the following three to four days after the peel, and within a week a smoother, healthier layer of skin will be revealed.
* Resorcinol is a derivative of phenol, which has been used as a peeling agent since its introduction as a topical agent in 1882. Resorcinol helps to provide a numbing effect and increases the depth of the lactic acid and salicylic acid penetration.
* Lactic acid occurs naturally in the human skin as a part of normal metabolic processes. In normal skin, it helps to maintain the acid mantle of the skin at a pH of 5.5 to 6.0.
Several studies have shown that lactic acid has a natural moisturizing effect on the skin; it draws water molecules already present in the skin towards the surface. In the 1960's, dermatologists also noted that when lactic acid was used in conjunction with a moisturizer, it enhanced the absorption of the moisturizer into the skin. This characteristic enables lactic acid to ensure the evenness of the Jessner's peel.
* Salicylic acid is an important component of the Jessner's peel, because it penetrates directly into sebaceous follicles as well as the broad skin surface. Thus, it is able to work directly upon any waxy buildup within sebaceous follicles that is associated with acne by uncapping comedones and pustules, opening the sebaceous gland and stimulating the elimination of wastes.
Those allergic to aspirin (which is similar to salicylic acid), and women who are pregnant should avoid undergoing a Jessner's peel due to the high concentrations of salicylic acid and resorcinol.
* If you are not sure whether or not you are allergic, your skin care provider should test a small area of your inner, upper arm prior to applying a full-face peel.
* Approximately 24-hours post-peel, a grayish appearance of the skin might occur. This will last only until visible peeling begins.
* Significant peeling will occur as the outer layer of skin begins to shed 3-4 days post-treatment and should subside within 5-7 days.
* For optimal results, consult your skin care provider about scheduling a series of 4-6 peels, spaced 7-10 days apart.
* Acne treatments should be spaced every 3-4 weeks for a series of 4-6 peels.
Vi Peel featured on The Dr. Oz Show!
The Vi Peel is designated to reverse the signs of aging and sun damage on the skin. The Peel contains a synergistic blend of gentle yet powerful ingredients suitable for all skin types.
Anyone who wants younger, healthier skin will benefit from the peel.
* Reduces or eliminates age spots, freckles and hyperpigmentation, including melasma
* Softens lines and wrinkles
* Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin for firmer skin
* Clears acne skin conditions
The Vi Peel represents a new generation of Peels unlike any others.
* For ACNE - highly effective in clearing acne and impurities for patients as young as twelve years old; a series of treatments may reduce acne scars.
* COMFORT - Sensitive individuals may experience a slight stinging sensation, which is controlled by use of a fan during application.
* No skin preparation products are needed, and minimal or no down time is required
* Healing time is also minimal - enjoy younger, more beautiful skin in approximately one week!